The mission of SP5 is to provide state-of-the-art tools and methods for assessment of policy, social and environmental aspects of clean energy transition and energy system development and ensure the integrity of these in the contribution to transition pathway development.
Areas of intervention SP 5 works on:
- Regulation of the energy market;
- Policy ex-ante assessment and ex-post impact evaluation;
- Robust transition pathways;
- Socio-technical energy system modelling;
- Environmental impact evaluation of pathways;
- Decision-support systems and scenario planning.
- Build competence and models for analysis of different regulations for the energy market including tools for assessment of market operation of the at-all-times active energy market regulation. This includes actor-based models for understanding the competition levels in the energy market;
- Build models and methodology that are suitable for pre-assessment of policy measures and for post-impact evaluation of current policies. Do research on which policy that effectively pushes forward the energy transition and suggest policy changes that will benefit the transition and the development of the energy system and energy market;
- Ensure the integrity of the environmental, social and policy aspects in models used for analysis of the integrated European energy system modelling and include policy and social impacts into the modelling of transition pathways;
- Analyse the impact of uncertainty and how do design robust transition pathways.